Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Tried

For three days, I've done my best to write something profound regarding the election. It's not happening so I guess I'll just write a regular post instead.

The Gutsy Mom requested an update on my personal trainer and cleaning helper and likened it to my having a staff. That made me laugh but, oh my, I think I'm going to need a staff because next week I begin taking language classes three hours a day, three days a week. Just typing it makes my body want a nap! I'm most concerned about the time of day that was chosen for me: afternoon. Ugh. This was TOIAW's choice because that is when his classes are. For those of you whose husbands didn't just spend fifteen months away, I want you to really think about this. We will wake-up together, eat breakfast together, go to the gym together, eat lunch together, go to class together, take breaks together, drive home together, eat dinner together, spend our evenings together...you're getting the point, right? He thinks it's going to be super. I, on the other hand, keep reminding myself I will have two days afternoons alone. It's not that I don't love TOIAW--I love him with all my heart--but I crave quite, alone time (no need to state the obvious regarding Flippy, I know). Oh, and my teacher is considered to be the most difficult and demanding in the language center. Cool. TOIAW told me all about how nasty she is (she teaches a friend of his) not knowing she was going to be my teacher. Furthermore, TOIAW's teacher described her as "a communist." This should be interesting. As long as she doesn't have a problem with my capitalist consumer ways, we should do okay because I am a serious student. And on those days when I don't feel like being a good student, I'll pay TOIAW to do my homework because the language I am learning is actually his first language. Oh, and now I'll really know what his family is saying about me...

Gutsy Mom, I am thrilled to say my "staff" is delightful! It's so easy to keep your house neat when someone else cleans it. Why did I not figure this out before? Additionally, I really enjoy my trainer and working out has really helped me to feel better all the way around. Because she's developed the work-out, I don't stress about doing too much which is great peace of mind. We've focused a lot on my core, balance, and flexibility. We got a great deal on a package of personal training sessions when we joined the gym and my dilemma is do I continue working with her at a much higher price or just go at it alone? I have a bit before I have to decide. Having a staff is not free, unfortunately.

We still don't have a cook and it doesn't look like we will anytime soon so I'm off to make a delicious, nutritious, quick, and simple meal. Just kidding. I'm only shooting for two out of four.

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

I'm so glad to hear the "staff" is treating you well! That is excellent news. Those are two people I think I need to add to my staff... (used to have a regular cleaning lady, am ready to go that route again). I might wait until after the arrival of the babe to hire the trainer... Oooooh, can't wait to hear more about the language classes--at least TOIAW's employer deemed you smart enough to take the class. Now that's a REAL compliment.