Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Less Sloth-like

Today I feel so much better than I have. There really is something to be said for sleep -- not just rest but actual sleep -- when you're body is fighting off ickiness. I have to admit, however, that I cut way back on the hot fluids intake although I do think it was beneficial.

In fact I felt so good today that I set up an appointment to work out with a personal trainer tomorrow. I'm paranoid (like you didn't already know that) about doing too much so it will good for me to have some help in developing a routine. When she suggested we meet 'upstairs at the club' I didn't exactly mention that I haven't bothered darkening the door of 'the club' in the nearly 8 weeks we've lived here. Surely there was at least one day I felt good enough to go with TOIAW who is there nearly every day?

I also received a call back from the cleaning service. I was getting a little nervous since they came to give me an estimate on Monday but hadn't called back to schedule an appointment. I know it could use a cleaning but it's not that bad...even if it is fast approaching that point. Friday is the day and I couldn't be more thrilled considering my initial hesitancy.

2 comments:

AdventureMom said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. The same ol' "ickies" are always worse when you're pregnant.

The Gutsy Mom said...

So, I'm waiting for the update on how it went with the personal trainer, and the cleaning lady... it's like having a staff!