Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Yesterday I made it home from my trip. I had a good time (not great because I only got to see my niece once) and felt pretty good--at times--while I was there but the nausea has been back in full force since yesterday. I had a big weekend working at a craft show so maybe I'm just overly tired and my body is telling me to slow down. Believe me, I've slowed way down but, so far, no improvement. I suggested to TOIAW that he hire my mom as the official cook of our house because I did quite well under her care. Neither TOIAW, nor PP are all that handy in the kitchen.

Speaking of which, yesterday when TOIAW picked me up at the airport I expressed how hungry I was. To him, this translated to, "Take me to the grocery store" so that is what he did. I honestly don't recall what happened between walking into the store and finding myself standing in front of the canned tomatoes sobbing but I was quickly ushered out of the store and promptly fed and napped. Let's just say I think we're on the same page now when it comes to the definition of "I'm very hungry."

It's hard to tell myself this now, but last week was the first time I could see that the 'end was in sight' for the nausea gig. There were days when I was mostly functional which was wonderful! TOIAW began his language classes today so we're on our way to having a normal schedule. I even walked PP around the neighborhood this morning just to begin a routine. Slowly, slowly as they say in both Arabic and Hebrew.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow that I will be attending alone since TOIAW has class. Normally this wouldn't bother me but, after my experience last time, I would feel better having him with me. Oh well, it's not an option and I'll be fine.

My business website is [still] not up and running but it's getting there and I should be able to present it to you within a week. I was very pleased with our sales at the holiday market/craft show we attended last weekend which makes me even more excited to present it to you!

If I owe you an email, phone call, money, or anything else please know I haven't forgotten you and I'll get back to you soon. Just to clarify, you have a far greater chance of getting an email from me than money. For now, I'm going to return to taking it easy and catch-up on some blog reading...

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

Yay! I am glad you are back, bummed to hear your nausea is back, glad your business site is almost ready for the big reveal. I can't wait! And, you owe me nothing. I do believe I owe you at least one email...