Saturday, September 13, 2008

Random Stuff

I have been living in our nation's capital area for exactly five days and have yet to visit any historical sights. I did see the Washington monument but that's just because we took a wrong turn and it's so huge you can see it from pretty far away. Today we're going to see a movie; how's that for culture? Oh, and I might go to Target but no promises because I've tried to go twice already and once I was too tired once we got there and once I was too sick (this would probably mean more to you if you knew how much I love Target).

We had another appointment yesterday which was really just a miscommunication. We thought it was strange that they wanted us to come in on Wednesday and Friday but the doctor assured us we should come in to discuss the high-riskiness of the pregnancy. Well, all we actually did is get a referral to the place I was supposed to go Tuesday where they will evaluate me and issue a verdict on where I will receive care. We're going to NYC tomorrow to see the in-laws (more on that in a bit) so that appointment probably won't happen until the end of next week at the earliest and I'm totally fine with that having a break from doctors.

Okay, so, as usual, I feel like TOIAW is setting me up for a bad visit with his parents. They don't know I'm pregnant and he doesn't plan on telling them yet. That's going to make it pretty hard to explain why I'm barfing and/or nauseous and/or sleeping most of the day. I'm pretty sure they already consider me 'weak' because almost every time I see them I'm sick with a cold or allergies and, without fail, they comment about it extensively. TOIAW is usually very bored when he visits them and is ready to leave after two days but he says we're going to stay until Thursday or Friday. Ugh.

Now that I've told you the bad about TOIAW, it's time to sing his praises because he has worked like a Trojan getting the house put together. I have unpacked precisely one box. This morning we're going to work on the kitchen together. Sounds like a lovely bonding project, yes?

3 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

So glad to hear that things are going well, thus far. Hope the visit it not too bad.

The Gutsy Mom said...

Okay, so, when you are setting up your kitchen together, is TOIAW allowed to decide where things go?

Fishy Busyness said...

First I've read your blog. Love it!! Now I'm all rooting for you and whatenot and am eager for an in-laws and baby update. When's the next installment?