Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nausea and the City

So the nausea decided to kick it up a notch -- or fifteen -- this week. The good part of this is TOIAW was forced to tell his parents our great news* after I rushed into their bathroom rather than spend ten minutes exchanging pleasantries. The bad part about this is we didn't do anything the entire time we were there. Seriously, I just sat in Brooklyn for six days (we extended the trip by two days because we were having so much fun) and subsisted solely on watermelon. My MIL isn't much of a cook, to say the least. I felt bad because I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I didn't want to see her pea soup once much less twice. I tried to get out and get a decent meal every now and then. Bless her heart, yesterday she worked for hours in the kitchen and we had chicken broth "soup," boiled chicken, and roasted potatoes. That was also the only meal where protein was served.

I thought I would feel better once we left and I could lay off the carbs and pack on the protein, but today isn't much better. Alas, tomorrow is another day! I have so much to tell you all but I must sleep first. Since this isn't the city that never sleeps, I won't feel as lame here if I go to bed at 7pm.

*There was one time his dad didn't speak to me for two days because [he says] I walked into their apartment one morning and failed to properly greet him. Never mind that we were there for the holidays and spent all day, every day with them only leaving to sleep somewhere else.

No comments: