Monday, September 22, 2008

Hanging in There

I know I owe a longer in-laws update as well as emails, blog reading/commenting, and my list of things to do around the house is long enough to keep even a non-nauseous person busy for several days. Instead of doing any of that, however, I'm just laying here trying to keep down food and water to stave off dehydration. I've tried just about every home remedy I can find -- even sugared ginger which made me think I was eating an Aveda styling product -- and nothing seems to help. No worries, this is what I always wanted and it can't last forever, right? (Lie if you have to.)

4 comments:

The Gutsy Mom said...

No, it really can't last forever, even if it feels like it will. And, just when you are feeling like you can't do anything, remember: you are growing millions of cells every minute inside your very own body, and that is SERIOUSLY serious work. You are constructing a human. You SHOULD be exhausted! (Separately, the ginger made me barf.)

Rachel said...

Glad to hear your resting, even if not in the most comfortable state.

Kari said...

Sorry for all the nausea, that's no fun. I used to drink frozen lemonaide slushies. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Kari

Happy Homemaker said...

Poor thing! They say that it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy, right??

Several of my friends took anti-nausea medication while pregnant (I think it was developed for chemotherapy patients?) and it really helped them. Ask your doctor about it. Nausea sucks!