Thursday, September 25, 2008

All's Well That Ends Well

My appointment today went well...that is after I nearly had a stroke and heart attack. I saw a really nice resident who kind of forgot to mention that he wasn't too good yet at rocking the vaginal ultrasound. You'll be proud of me, though, I didn't completely lose it when he couldn't find anything during the first ultrasound and he and the attending physician began peppering me with questions about my dates. As in, "When was your transfer? Are you completely sure about that date?" Actually, when I say I 'didn't completely lose it' I mean I didn't start yelling or have a major breakdown or anything. I'm quite sure you wouldn't consider the questions I was asking to be wholly positive. In any event, right after they decided it was best to use the super ultrasound machine, not only did the baby appear but so did the heartbeat. Nevertheless, I was still moved to the other machine (where it also took him a while to find anything) and measurements were taken showing a baby that's right on track. Go, Baby!

Compared to the past few days, I felt like a rock star today. We decided to go out to eat which was probably pushing it because right as the entrees were served, I put my head in my hands and willed myself to stay awake. Just yesterday I was bragging to my sister-in-law that I hadn't really had a problem with exhaustion. Apparently if I leave the house, I do get tired. Who knew?

Tomorrow morning I am taking a test that is meant to determine my aptitude for learning languages. This is a prerequisite for the military teaching me the language I will need in order to survive in the country we are moving to next summer. If you're not smart enough they won't waste their time and energy on me. That's fiscal resposibility for you, dear citizens.

Also, we're heading to Georgia tomorrow to visit TOIAW's twin brother. Oh, and we're DRIVING. It's a long drive and I'm not looking forward to it. I was hoping to go there later when I'm feeling better because I have a good friend near there I would like to visit. The main purpose of this visit is so we can "babysit" our four year old nephew who was just kicked out of his fourth daycare. I can hardly wait.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so happy to hear things are going well!!! Phew!

Mrs.Preppy said...

Hang in there with the constant exhaustion. I could barely make it home from work before I would collapse on the couch, only to then go to bed before 10. People would tell me that it would get better in the 2nd trimester.... I did not believe them, but then all of a sudden I was not tired anymore! I am sooo glad to read that things are going so well. Good luck with the language test... My cousin had to do the same thing. They are in Germany now.

Kari said...

I'm so glad to hear things went well at your dr. visit. Hang in there on your drive. My husband is a twin, too. (they are identical twins)

JES said...

Rach, I'm so glad to hear all is well!!! You were the subject of several discussions this past week in Italy--wishing we had internet to read your blog for updates. Wish you had been with us. We all are praying for you and wishing you strength! You are an amazing woman:) Love ya' and miss ya'.