Friday, August 8, 2008

When it's good to be wrong

My egg retrieval went very well--NINE eggs were retrieved!!! Some might not consider that great, but the doctor told me to expect five so I was pleased. Of course we don't know the quality yet, but we were instructed to call at 8:50am to get the fertilization report. That's approximately 13 hours, 40 minutes from now, but who's counting?

When we were leaving, TOIAW was "running the numbers" in terms of probable fertilization rates and I--in a moment of pessimism--reminded him we had eight follicles last time and none fertilized. He said it was seven last time. I was too groggy to argue (true story, kids). Turns out I was wrong and I'm pretty happy about that. Somehow having two more than last time seems significantly more than only one more.

I have received the sweetest emails and comments from friends who are praying for me. I can't even begin to explain how much that means to me. I know it's not easy for everyone to be open with others about their fertility treatments but I am blessed to have such supportive family and friends and I couldn't imagine doing this alone.

I have too much nervous energy to write more at this time but I promise more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that you have 9 eggs! Please keep us updated with more good news.

Tracy said...

It went so well! I'm so glad for you, and can't wait to hear further news.