Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well...

Have you ever heard the story about the little boy who cried wolf? How about the one about the crazy freak who did IVF, took a home pregnancy test with a negative result, had a nervous breakdown, and then took another test two days later only to see 2 LINES?

I feel like a fool. A happy fool, don't get me wrong, but a fool nonetheless... I have been amazed and humbled by the loving comments and emails but I feel as if I wasted everyone's energy. I wanted to write this entry earlier in the day but I just couldn't figure out what to say.

It's obviously still really early and anyone who has been through a recurrent loss/infertility adventure, knows it's difficult to let go and allow your inner joy to rise to the surface. The insecurities and fears can be catalogued another day, but today I'm thankful, hopeful, and definitely not sad :)

BUT, I just have to say again how touched I am by all the encouraging and understanding comments. I'm speechless...and that doesn't happen often.

9 comments:

Krista said...

Rachel! I don't really know what to say other than the fact that I am just in awe of what our God can do. How exciting!

The Gutsy Mom said...

I'm smiling from the inside out. And don't you worry, nobody's energy was wasted!

Kymberli said...

This is exciting! I'm hoping and praying all the best for this wonderful chance!

Megan said...

I knew it :) Fingers crossed!

Cassandra said...

Congrats! I bet you've never been so happy to be a fool.

Don't worry, many of us have done something very similar. Once I kept taking tests because my period was so late, and it turned out that I had the date wrong by a week and my cycle was totally normal. Duh.

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so, so glad you finally got good news! This is so very exciting.

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! I did not expect to see this today, especially after your email! YAY!!!!!

And I know it's early, but this is a much better place of hope than where we were at a couple days ago.

Prayers being sent up for you, girlie.

soapchick said...

OMG how exciting!!! Okay I will try to be cautious in my excitement, but how AWESOME!!!

Karen said...

There's no wasted energy in situations like this. What great news! I'm sending you a cautious woohoo!.