Monday, August 11, 2008

The Transfer

The transfer today went as planned. We arrived at the doctor's office for an 1100 appointment but didn't meet with the embryologist until a few minutes before noon. I was minutes away from either a heart attack or stroke. We had one 8-cell embryo that had slight fragmentation and a 2-cell embryo. For those of you in the know, you know what that means. For those of you fortunate not to have to deal with this, it means the first one has a fair/decent-ish chance and the other would require a miracle. Oddly enough, I wasn't really upset and I actually feel hopeful. At this point, hope is all I have so I'm going to go with it--it can only help!

I did have a funny (yet horrifying) experience after the transfer and I will share that with you tomorrow. We have movers coming to pack our second and final shipment (one that goes by air) and I need to instruct TOIAW on what he needs to do. He's been giving orders all day so it's time he takes some, I think ;)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Well, if you've read it once, you've read it dozens of times...embryos tend to thrive in utero more so than in a lab environment. I will continue to hope and pray for the best.

Sorry that moving dude was raised in a barn and can't manage to shut the door behind him.

Did you know I'm a bunco babe, too? I'm on hiatus right now, but nonetheless. :)