Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Survey Says?

My hCG level today was 187.5. That's within the normal range for 18 days past ovulation, but on the low end. Considering I didn't get a positive home test until Saturday, it sounds about right. I'm too tired to google it anymore. We left our house this morning a little before 8 and I got home at 3:45. I don't have the energy to tell you all the reasons why I just got home, but just know it would have been several hours earlier if TOIAW hadn't demanded we go do ridiculous insurance paperwork today even though it could have waited until tomorrow (he is on my LAST nerve right now).

The worst news of the day came when my doctor told me she didn't want to see me until NEXT WEEK. I asked--some would say I begged--to come Thursday just to make sure the numbers are doubling and she said, "No, because there is nothing we can do to influence it." SO??? This is the only time I've had a problem with her but it really bothers me. I know it's a cultural thing. I get it, but I don't have to like it.

I'm very tired and cranky (which I hate because I got fabulous news today!) so I should just take a nap. I'll be back later...hopefully in a better mood ;)

P.S. I should note that even though my doctor got all German on me and won't do another beta until next week, she did seem very excited by my numbers today (progesterone and estrodiol in addition to the hCG). It's not always easy to read her so that was nice, at least.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I suppose she's right, but still. That's a killer wait. Well, we'll just assume the best! Girl, YOU ARE PREGNANT!

I will tell you that my RE does not test beta numbers until 14 days past transfer, so depending on 3-5 day transfer, I could have been tested anywhere from 17-19 days past retrieval, and he was happy with anything above a 100. So I think a 180 is pretty darn good!

Have faith, my friend.

Rachel said...

Hang in there - it sounds like you have so much going on, no wonder you're feeling tired. I don't know anything about beta numbers (never having had any), but if your doctor is happy and it sounds good to you, then enjoy it!

Shinejil said...

Good news! But damn that darn German sense of order and procedure! Give an woman a beta for Pete's sake!

nh said...

Good news on the Beta - not so much on German practicality! Keep on believing.

(ICLW)

Rela Pantaleon-Manigsaca said...

hahaha... I love this - "my doctor got all German on me"

Anyway, why are you in Germany anyway?

Arpee @ The Saga of Becoming Fruitful