Friday, August 29, 2008

The Big Week

Today marks the beginning of the sixth week. At least one of my miscarriages was during this week (I'm unclear on the second one because I didn't know I was pregnant until I had some unexplained pain and bleeding) so this week is a psychological hurdle for me. Thankfully this week is a very busy week and I won't have a lot of time to sit around and fret. But still...

I am now in the habit of thanking God everytime I go to the bathroom and don't have spotting (which I haven't, this time, I'm just paranoid). I've relaxed about it throughout the week but it's never far from my mind. Monday -- with it's promise of an updated hormone level report -- is certain to be a big milestone because I'm pretty sure normal levels would also be a first for me. The problem is I don't want to rely on numbers and statistics for peace because there are always exceptions -- this I know all too well. I want my peace and comfort to come from God. To just believe and trust in Him alone. If you have any tips on this, let me know.

My morning sickness has been mostly afternoon sickness (and one all-day sickness extravaganza) but today it was true to it's name and it's back a little this afternoon for good measure. I think one of my problems is I'm not eating much (but nothing sounds good) and that just makes things worse. Again, I'm just so thankful to have the nausea as a reminder that something is going on in there!

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

I am so sorry you are feeling sick, but I am also so happy you are feeling sick! Um, all I can say is, try to eat a little something anyway, and try to drink water.