Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hormones & Hysterics

Nothing bad has happened today but that hasn't stopped me from crying several times. Ahhh, the lovely feeling of being hyped up on hormones...

The ultrasound today showed 5-ish follicles which is less than I was hoping for, but at least some are doing something, you know? My last cycle was pretty much the same at this point so I'm not going to let this get to me. My doctor didn't seem bothered by it (but she did increase my medication dosage a bit) even when I asked her if she was concerned and/or if we should cancel this cycle (I have no idea why I asked that--even as I was saying it I felt so silly and negative). Just call me Debbie Downer. I go back Thursday afternoon so I hope these follicles do something impressive in the next 48 hours.

After making a short stop by the pharmacy where I spent about $920 on medication for the next few days, I rushed to Bible study. It was my last day to go so they "farewelled" me. I was late so it happened just as I walked in and the tears flowed as they prayed for me. I wanted to tell them how special they are to me, but there was no way I could speak. With things like blogs and social networking sites, it's easier than ever to stay in touch with people but the reality is I won't see most of these women ever again. It's so strange to me that you can share so much with someone for a year and then *poof* someone picks you up, tosses you around, and throws you down somewhere else and that's your new world. I simply do not think I will ever get used to this aspect of military life. It rattles me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. When people in our Bible study leave, we give them framed Bible verse and everyone signs the back. Whoever thought of it was genius! I haven't made it through all the signatures yet because it makes me cry--go figure.

Enough about the hormones, let's talk about the hysterics. Remember the new computer we have? We bought it because we had a repair policy on our old computer and even though the usualy policy is that you must send it to the US to get repaired if you live overseas, you simply need to bring the computer into the store and they will refund you. We tried that today. It didn't work. I had to step away from the customer service man...as in really far away. TOIAW made some calls and it looks like we were given erroneous information initially and my sweet new computer will be going back to the store. A manager graciously--note the sarcasm--offered to allow us to return the computer for a full refund if we get it to the store within the next 30 minutes. [I'm not even kidding about that last part.] Nevermind the fact we live more than an hour away from that store and the guy who works in the electronics section of the store near us is nice, but not exactly a first round draft pick if you catch my drift. Unfortunately for these people, I have nothing but time on my hands. That totally sucks for them. I called the store where we made the purchase and the manager hit me with the standard I-took-a-customer-service-class question: What can I do to correct this sitaution? I told her she could honor what we were told and refund our money for the old computer. Khalas (Arabic word meaning "enough"). She repeated her generous offer. I reminded her that their represenative quoted us a policy and I strongly feel they should honor it. I also informed her I have plenty of time to pursue this. She's going to have the electronics manager call me tomorrow. Now, I know the chances of me actually getting what I want are slim, but it's worth a try. I was nothing but polite and calm during the entire conversation. It's not really important, but I still wanted you to know.


I feel better now. I have a ton of laundry to fold but that's not really a bad thing because it's cool in the basement ;)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to know there are people out there pulling for you and offering their support. I appreciate the prayers - I will do the same for you. It does feel better just to vent sometimes, doesn't it. Take care!

Kari