Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Checking In

Yeah, I know it's been forever since I've posted anything. I still don't have a new computer and it looks like I won't for a couple of months when TOIAW can go to every electronics store in the Greater DC area and conduct extensive research. The one I'm using now can only be used in short periods or it will overheat and freeze. That sounds odd, but you know what I mean. I've seen a few bloggers use this format to update after an extended absence, and I am going to do the same. The following is the Cliff's Notes version of the past several weeks:

  • I went to Oklahoma for 2 weeks to attend the wedding of my oldest friend, Beth. It was a gorgeous ceremony with an even more gorgeous bride! It was a lot of fun and I'm thrilled I was able to be there.
  • While In Oklahoma, my mom, aunt, and I also began to develop yet another craft/project line we hope to begin selling in the near future. Details (probably more than you care to know) to follow, soon.
  • It's still HOT in Themiddleofnowhere, Germany and the heat is absolutely zapping all my energy. I would go to bed early but my neighbors think it's completely appropriate to let their children jump on their new trampoline until 10:30pm. I'm not even kidding. I hope they never get hurt to the point they require medical attention because both parents are usually too drunk to drive by about 8 every evening. Okay, I'll stop now.
  • Finding housing in DC is STRESSING ME OUT!
  • We have tentative plans to begin another IVF cycle soon which is exciting...and scary.

I think that's about it. We're headed to Salzburg for the weekend. TOIAW is full of wanderlust and this is the last weekend we'll be able to travel. We entertained the thought of going somewhere further away and/or more exotic, but we figured this would be relaxing and cooler than most other places. We're packing our things in a few weeks; no matter how many times I move, it always seems like a huge ordeal filled with both excitement and anxiety. Now I just need to figure out how to use all the food I have in my pantry!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you updated - I've been wondering what you were up to. Good luck on the move to DC!

Tracy said...

Helloooo!

So glad to read an update. Hope you have a nice trip to Salzburg...and get your computer issues fixed relatively soon!