Monday, July 28, 2008

Big Decision

I think we've found a place to live in DC. Okay, it's in Northern Virginia but it is inside the beltway. After much planning, plotting, figuring, budgeting, and discussion we've decided to go small. Small=Cheaper and that's a good thing. We're planning on doing a lot of weekend trips and dining out so we figured it best to save money where we can. I have no idea where we're going to put all our stuff but I suppose we'll jump off that bridge when we get to it.

We did decide to splurge and live in a posh-ish planned community. We lived in one, coincidentally, it Washington state and loved it. I probably wouldn't want to live there forever, but as renters it worked out very well. It's close to dog parks, walking trails, and the community has it's own gym so we won't have to join one or schlep to post to work-out. Oh, and there's a Whole Foods a few miles down the road. Maybe with the money we're saving in rent, I can afford to shop there.

Right, so the move is over, we have a place to live, and the Olympics don't begin for 11 days which leaves me with a lot of time on my hands to obsess about IVF.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

How exciting! I told you that my MIL is in the panhandle of WV, right? Maybe we'll actually be able to coordinate a visit one of these days.

Obsess away...we all do it.

soapchick said...

Ooh your new place sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures! Praying for you on this IVF!!!

hollibobolli said...

I won't blog about where we're really going to live online - but I will say this is very close.

Good luck!