Sunday, April 20, 2008

Overwhelmed!

I've been absolutely overwhelmed these past few days...but in a good way! Your kind comments and emails have truly touched my heart. Every time I read a new one I cry...but in a good way! Suffice it to say, I'm doing much better. Friday morning was certainly the nadir of my despair but it's only been up from there. Yeah, someone should have taken away my laptop during those moments so my blog doesn't end up being as painful to read as The Kite Runner (for the record, I liked the book but geez Louise it broke my heart).

Saturday was a better day emotionally but physically I didn't feel very well. I had been too uncomfortable to sleep so I self-medicated with a pain killer/sleep aid combination and woke-up totally refreshed! I even ventured out of the house for the first time since arriving home from the egg retrieval (sad, I know). I picked a great day though because it was sunny, warm, and gorgeous. TOIAW and I met some friends for lunch and shopped ON A SUNDAY. This is extremely rare in Germany; in fact, in this particular town the stores are open on Sunday only twice a year and those are special festival days. Thanks, M & N for inviting us!

We also booked a week at a Mediterranean resort. We're leaving in two weeks! For me this is about as spontaneous as it gets. Planned spontaneity, that's how I roll.

The only IF-related item we are going to even think about before our holiday (for you, M!) is a follow-up appointment with our regular RE. He has reviewed our case with a couple of colleagues and will discuss his thoughts with us then. I'm trying really hard not to be bitter and angry with the whole debacle. Those aren't healthy emotions and they can seriously cloud reasonable judgement. I have a feeling God and I are going to have a lot of long chats in the near future...

Tomorrow I'm going to work on getting our house back in order. I'm also going to respond to all of your kind emails. For now, however, I'm going to enjoy my sweet puppy. She just returned from puppy camp (sans macaroni crafts) and our house instantly felt warmer the minute she walked in the door.

Again, thank you all so much for you thoughts, prayers, and kind words.

Love,
Rachel

No comments: