Friday, April 25, 2008

Going Home

My grandmother was born in the Panhandle of Oklahoma. She lived there about twenty years and then moved to Oklahoma City to support the war effort and ended up getting married and moving to the town where I was raised. Nevertheless, she always referred to the Panhandle as home. It never made a lot of sense to me but now it does. Tomorrow I am going home.

The doctor said yesterday it could be a matter of hours or days; there is no way of knowing. She is comfortable, though. I'm just praying Psalm 23 over her again and again. I want her to feel God's presence and love welcoming her home. Her final home.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My thoughts are with you and your grandmother now. I hope she is peaceful.

Tracy said...

Many prayers for your grandma and the rest of your family.