Thursday, April 17, 2008

Game Over

Another cheater post but this was difficult enough to write the first time:

I wish I had good news to share...oh, how I wish I had good news! TOIAW, received a call from the doctor and none of the seven good eggs were fertilized. None. The sperm was deemed "super" and I've gotten pregnant naturally three times but put the egg and sperm in petri dish the size of a nickel and nothing. Go figure. The doctors offered little explanation but the IVF doctor did say the first IVF is often referred to as a diagnostic IVF. I wish someone had told my heart that.

This is so pathetically sad and I'm really sorry for that. I know there will be many tears over the next few days but I'll be fine. I know the One true source of hope, peace, love, and comfort. He may not always answer my prayers when and how I want but He is enough for now and forevermore. Praise Him!

Shalom,
Rachel

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so incredibly sorry to read your e-mail. I can't even imagine how disappointed you must feel at the moment. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you get through the next few days.

soapchick said...

I am so very sorry. I hope you can find comfort in each other in the next few days. I hope eventually you can try again and the doctors will do ICSI next time. God bless you.

B said...

Just saw your news on Mel's Lost & Found and thought I would stop by to say I am sorry about your news.