Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Better Day

After much discussion, I'm coming around to the idea of moving to the US in September. We talked about fighting it and staying here but TOIAW thinks it would be an excellent timeline for him so obviously I must do what is best for his career. Some of my early concerns have been acknowledged and addressed so that helped. Since they want us to move to a large metro area, I was concerned about Princess Poopsalot; she is used to going on most walks without a leash and most of the housing in our price range is the townhouse/apartment type which wouldn't offer a yard either. TOIAW says he doesn't have a problem commuting by public transportation which is a huge bonus that would enable us to live in the 'burbs and have a yard. Another concern was not being near a military installation in order to take advantage of commissary shopping. Every time I hear "average Americans" discuss the current economic situation, they mention rising food costs. Granted, we're only a family of two (and even if we add a third while we're there, he/she won't be eating too much) but every bit helps. Of course, I love me some Whole Foods Market and we prefer organic everything but I like to save when and if I can. We'll just have to get there and see, though, because this is a city where I've always wanted to live and I don't want to be too far removed from the action. Thanks for the kind comments (here and IRL) yesterday...it helps to know others undertand!

In other news, my follicles seem to be chugging right along. I have another appointment early tomorrow morning where I should get a better idea of the timeline for the rest of the week. It seems like I waited so long to finally begin IVF but the process has flown by thus far. Of course, it will certainly slow down during the two week wait.

TOIAW took PP to work with him today so I am going to use this opportunity to clean the floors. Fun times, indeed.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better about things. It's always hard when you have one idea of how things will be and life throws you a curveball.