Thursday, March 13, 2008

***UPDATE***

You really need to have read the previous post for this to make any sense to you.

Okay, so I FINALLY got a response from my senator's office. [In the interest of full disclosure, I called again and got a bit forceful until I got an email address. They never would give me an email address before as it's apparently a matter of office policy. Ummm, yeah, I would hate for our elected officials to be easily accessible...] And I quote:

"My heart goes out to your struggles, I had a good friend in the service whose wife went through IVF and then had the unfortunate side effect of breast cancer that advanced rapidly after the hormone therapy. Truly a very difficult couple of years."

Seriously? Seriously? I'm actually glad that he stays really busy and sincerely hope he doesn't have time to visit friends who are ill but this is how I could picture it if he did, "Gee, pal, I'm sorry you're so sick with strep throat. You know one of my old roommate's mom's had strep throat that traveled to her heart and it killed her. Get well soon, Mate."

And just so you know, I've already Googled the heck out of this and it's a very remote possibility. But maybe I'll do a bit more research just to be sure...

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm sure you've seen this link: http://www.ivf-infertility.com/ivf/standard/complications/ovarian_stimulation/cancer.php

Sounds like a crock of you know what to me.

The Gutsy Mom said...

SERIOUSLY??? Is that Senator married? Does his wife know his office responded like that? So glad that our elected officials can express themselves in such a sympathetic manner.