Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Tomorrow I start the medications for the in-vitro cycle. I, thankfully, have a peace about the cycle. What I don't have a peace about is the shot I have to get tomorrow...it's a huge quantity of medication that will require a local anesthetic. I'm scared! I had to get the shot at the pharmacy and I just put it in my purse so I don't forget it tomorrow but being the masochist I am, I looked at it one more time to see if it's as huge as I remember it. Ummm, yeah, it looks like it's for a horse.

In Europe the medication protocol is a bit different that in the US where I would most likely receive about two weeks worth of shots of this medication but here it's just one big one. One very big one! I know, I just need to suck it up and drive on :)

On a funny note, yesterday my aunt and cousins called to wish me a happy birthday. My youngest cousin is seven and he told me he couldn't wait to go to school and tell his friends he called me in Iraq. I told him I lived in Germany, not Iraq and then he just handed the phone to my aunt. I can't decide which is funnier: him telling his freinds his cousin is in Iraq or the thought of me being a soilder in Iraq. Either way, my aunt emailed me later to let me know she's very sorry but she's pretty sure that, in his eyes, my coolness quotient has gone down a notch or two. What can you do?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Are you talking about Lupron Depot? If so, I had that shot my first cycle, and yes, it was scary, but it wasn't too bad.

Good luck!!!! It will be over in a flash.

The Gutsy Mom said...

I hope the shot went well. I'm sending you love and prayers. I'll see you tomorrow. BIG HUGS!