Thursday, February 14, 2008

Visions of Sunshine

I just returned from taking PP to puppy camp. I have been waiting all week to clean the floors and now is my perfect chance. The best part is they will remain clean for several days because tonight we are flying to Barcelona! I'm not sure if the exclamation mark is for the clean floors or the trip. It makes me think of the Showcase Showdown on The Price is Right, "Your Showcase begins with a range of cleaning products. First we have a Roomba Scooba that will leave your floors clean and sparkling. And you'll be reminded of your sparkling floors when you look out over the sparkling Meditteranean Sea on your trip to Barcelona! Enjoy a five night, 6 day trip to Barcelona..." Okay, so I doubt TPIR will be offering me a writers' position anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind becoming the next contestant and winning a Roomba Scooba. If TOIAW read my blog, he would know the way to my heart is with self-powered cleaning gadgets.

I am very excited to go to Barcelona, actually. Neither of us has been there and the forecast calls for sunny skies and warmer weather than Themiddleofnowhere, Germany and that's more than enough to excite me. Our airfare was inexpensive but the hotel rate more than made up for it. We decided to stay in a nice hotel in great location and soak up the city which makes it seem that much more exciting. I'm always game for a nice hotel!

Today I stopped by the German pharmacy to drop off my IVF prescriptions. The price is about a quarter of what we were told to expect. There is a possibility that we might have to get more later but it looks like we still come out ahead. A very nice surprise on this Valentine's Day!

It looks like I'm not going to get that Scooba until later in the day so for now, it's all me. I hope you and Valentine have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Happy Homemaker said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! I have decided to go private for now so if you'd like an invitation, just email me! preppypinkgreen@yahoo.com

QueenMother said...

I am so jealous. Well, not of the floor cleaning but the trip sounds fabulous. Oh to be a jetsetter someplace other than my own mind.

Gabriela said...

Barcelona is not only Las Ramblas and a few odd buildings from Gaudi. You "must" see these but with so many tourists around you will not feel the genuine vibe of the city.This cosmopolitan city has it all: arts, culture, haute cuisine, beaches,cheap Barcelona hotels, shopping, and nature. Don’t just follow the flock. Barcelona is plenty of nice corners and hidden gems, wander out the main stream and you'll see the real stuff (for good and bad, but I still think the balance is positive). Discover "your" Barcelona, she's waiting for you! But be careful, she can haunt you forever.