Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do

I know I said that today I was going to write about our trip to D.C., but I think I'll save that for tomorrow. The truth is I'm too lazy to go upstairs and find the cord so that I can upload the pictures. Pathetic, huh? Ironically, I joined Weight Watchers online yesterday. I might eat less but I'm not going to make unnecessary trips up and down the stairs. Oh well, you have to start somewhere...

I've actually done Weight Watchers before with a fair amount of success. I've never done the online program but I love to be online so it's reasonable that I will like it. TOIAW is always saying anyone can lose weight if they just exercise enough. While this is true for weight management, I do not think it's true for weight loss. At least not for me because I need more discipline. WW helps me because I have to budget my food choices and it's just so easy for me to let that get out of control. It's so cliche to begin a weight loss program in January. In the immortal words of my 7 year old cousin, "You gotta do what you gotta do." So very true. [His school has a motto so he thought he needed a personal one as well.]

I'm in a wedding in March and another one in June (woo-hoo, more Target shopping!) and I really don't want to be the "is she pregnant or not?" bridesmaid. So, in addition to the WW program (which is suprisingly easy or at least it has been for the past 2 days) I am employing TOIAW's suggestion to kick my work outs up a notch, or eight. Sadly,I didn't do anything yesterday and today other than walk the dog. That, however, is no small feat because the walking trails around our house are literally covered with a sheet of ice. Very. Dangerous. TOIAW and I went on a walk today and it took us more than hour to do a loop that generally takes about 25 minutes. I still have to walk the dog but tomorrow I'm also going to the gym. I'm sorry, this is a really boring post.

I think I will work out tomorrow before I go and yell at the phone company people. That should make things a bit more pleasant for everyone involved. Our phone is turned off. I know that's ghetto, but let me explain. Since moving in August, every bill we have received has had erroneous charges. The company recognizes the errors but tells us we should pay and we will receive a credit on our next bill. So far they owe us in excess of $280 (based on a very favorable--for them--exchange rate) but the bills still show that we owe them money. Apparently not paying money that we do not actually owe them results in our phone being turned off. Super. I already know how it's going to go: I'm going to explain my problems and they're going to wonder why I'm so exasperated then they're going to call someone and speak German (and probably say bad things about me) and they'll tell me I need to pay and nothing will be resolved but I will pay because my husband is in a foriegn country and I really would like to be able to call him. But I get to live in Europe and it is oh-so-exotic!

On a more cheerful note, today was a gorgeous day! I actually got a lot accomplished which was nice. Princess Poopsalot woke me up at 3 am to go outside and I could never go back to sleep which might be why I'm a bit cranky. I should go to sleep and rest up for my big phone company battle tomorrow. First, though, I need to make a "To Do" list for the next 5 days. It is sure to involve cleaning, organizing, and crafting though not necessarily in that order!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That deal with the phone company is dumb. But you know that.

WW is a great program...I'd start if I wasn't cycling right now, so instead I'm counting calories on Sparkpeople.com. Even though you're doing WW, you might want to check it out...it's a cool site.

Glad to have you back!