Thursday, January 31, 2008

Second Thoughts

Ugh. Remember how confident I was yesterday? I was sure we made the right decision in proceeding with IVF in late March/early April. Now I'm not so sure. I had to call our regular doctor today because he is the one who will manage the stimulation and I will only go to the one I saw yesterday for egg retrieval and implantation. It's not what I prefer, but that's how it's done (or so they tell me). Okay, so I talked to our doctor and he doesn't understand why we're waiting and expressed a strong desire for me to proceed immediately. I'm so confused. TOIAW is going to call and speak with him about it. I am rife with fear that I'm going to make the wrong decision.

My intuition tells me to wait. There is no incentive to rush anything except that I might be pregnant sooner. Of course that would be wonderful but the timing doesn't work too well with my March trip. What to do, what to do? Go with my gut or go with the doctor's recommendation?

The other option is to go with another medicated (injectible) cyle and see what happens but I have little faith in that since it didn't work the first two times. I hate this. I wish it were easy! I know I am very fortunate to have options (mainly that I am a good candidate for treatment and that are finances are not an issue) available and should stop complaining. I'm going to walk PP now and I will be on the lookout for a plane with a banner giving me the answers or maybe the leaves will blow around and land in the form of a word? I'll let you know how that works for me...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I know you didn't really ask for any assvice, but I wish I knew why he wanted you to go right away?

I think at the end of the day, you should follow your heart. Cheesey, but true.

Nicole O'Dell said...

I found your blog through Tracy's and I just wanted to wish you the very best. Prayers for wisdom work wonders and, really, you're the one that God speaks to about your own life, so go with your gut!

The Gutsy Mom said...

This should not come as any surprise coming from the Gutsy Mom, but I think you should trust your gut.