Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Redemption




Does that look like a great place to make a baby, or what? That's where the magic is going to take place...in a lab on the 3rd floor. It's romantic, yes?

As you probably surmised, we liked the RE and after finding out it is less expensive than we anticipated, we decided to go for it. Because who doesn't want to save a few bucks when manufacturing a baby? Seriously, it was a nice surprise and I shouldn't make fun. The decision was officially made after the appointment while we ate some very good Mexican food. This is the second time I've eaten Mexican food in Germany and the only time it was good food. Clearly God was sending us a sign.

We are not going to launch Operation Baby until late March/early April because I am traveling to the U.S. in March. It will give me some time to Google my heart out and lose more weight (8 pounds so far!). The only thing that bothers me is that 2 of my 3 unsuccessful pregnancies have begun in April and ended in May. Am I a freak for thinking about that?

But you know what I thought about today? Nurnberg is a city that was known for it's Nazi zeal. There were large rallies held there in the 1920's and 1930's which served to promote Nazi propaganda, showcase the party's power, and generate enthusiam. In a few months, TOIAW, a Jew, and I are going to make a baby (or should I say have one made?) in the same city. It literally gives me chills to think of God's amazing redemptive power! He can take something that was the site of such evil and hatred and breathe new life. Wow! He does the same thing in you and me--that's even more cool, huh?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Maybe the opportunity to make a baby in April/May is your chance for "redemption" - not that you need to redeem yourself, just that maybe this time it's going to work so you'll only have GOOD memories of that time of year going forward!

Mmm....Mexican food. But it's too cold outside for me to actually venture anywhere to get it. Brr...