Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chef Extraodinaire

It seems Princess Poopsalot contracted a bug at puppy camp. No big deal in terms or her health but the treatment almost killed me. We had to starve her for 24 hours. If you want to be technical about it, she was on a fast but I felt like I was starving her and I almost couldn't stand it. TOIAW was all tough about it in a "it's for her own good" kind of way until he saw her practically climb on the kitchen counter to rescue her bowl. I stopped by for a lunch date with him yesterday and instead we decided to go to the grocery store, stock-up on cottage cheese and rice, and rush home so we could both be with her when she broke her fast. It was like puppy Ramadan...she dove right in, tail wagging all the while. For the next day and a half, she continues with the rice and cottage cheese diet then we re-introduce regular food. The vet said she could eat all she wanted but I've had to put limits on that otherwise all I would get done is making rice. She now has a Pavlonian response to the opening of the microwave door.

The sun is shining this afternoon! Other than an hour walk this morning when it was so foggy I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of me, I've been inside cleaning! Ahhh, the joys of being a housewife...

Did anyone watch American Idol last night? I tried, but I just couldn't bear to see all those people humiliated like that. Last season was the first time I ever watched it, but I don't remember the judges being so cruel to people. Is that entertaining to anyone? I found it disgusting. My heart just broke for one person (don't remember the gender) when they sang and the judges laughed through it. Why not just stop them and end it? Why have them continue to sing for you while you laugh in their faces? I know no one was forced to audition but no matter who you are it takes courage and that kind of ridicule can easily crush people. I was really disappointed.

TOIAW has a "4-day" weekend which is actually just a 3-day weekend because he will be traveling again next week. Nevertheless, I'm happy to have him home for a few days and I don't want to worry about cleaning or laundry so I better get 'er done before he comes home. Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Happy Homemaker said...

I cannot watch American Idol for that very reason... the whole time, I'm so nervous the judges are going to be overly harsh. I thought about trying again (so I can participate in my friends' discussions), but glad I read your post!

Rachel said...

Glad I could help, Happy Homemaker! I think it would still be entertaining even if they didn't ridicule people but apparently not enough people agree with us.

The Gutsy Mom said...

Hey! I am finally catching up on my blog reading. Not that my laundry is done, but... Anyway, this is just to say I have the same problem with American Idol. I cannot watch any of the episodes with them auditioning, though I do sometimes watch once they get to the performing of actual songs.