Thursday, November 15, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland!

I was greeted this morning by a beautiful blanket of snow. Something about that just makes me happy! Since this is a rural area (as you might expect in themiddleofnowhere, Germany), there are plenty of trees and they just looked so gorgeous in their winter finery. I took these pictures while walking PP...



If it weren't so cold, I could sit and look at this all day!


PP absolutely LOVES the snow. This is her looking at me like, "What are you doing? Let's GO!"

I am looking forward to many more snowy walks this winter. These walking trails are less than a minute from our front door and since we rarely see other people on our walk, PP can run free which is not so good for discipline, but great for expending all that puppy energy.

Tonight it is supposed to drop to 17 degrees (F) which will make for a chilly walk in the morning, I'm sure. Winter has officially arrived in Bavaria!

P.S. Happy Homemaker wished me a happy birthday a couple of days ago which was really sweet, only it wasn't my birthday. I appreciate the thought, though, and I'm sure TOIAW wishes it would just "sneak" up on him like that, however, I make that impossible because in our household we celebrate my birthday month rather than one single day. Thank you, Happy Homemaker! I just wanted to clarify lest anyone else think they missed it (ha! like I would allow that to happen).

2 comments:

Happy Homemaker said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for the confusion!

Happy Homemaker said...

I am so glad you mentioned it because I meant to wish Jill at Who Could Ask for Anything More (LOVE both your blog titles!) a happy birthday and it might have taken me a couple of days to figure it all out! Sorry!