Friday, November 30, 2007

Throw-Back Thursday

Last night TOIAW and I watched one of my favorite romantic comedies...

It's an old-school romantic comedy for those of you who haven't seen it. It was made in 1987! Prompted by the movie, TOIAW and I decided that if we ever inherit a baby, we will accept the task of raising said baby. You just never know.

Praise God that shoulder pads are no longer en vogue! Yes, wide shoulders do make your waist look smaller, but then you look like an inverted triangle which is just plain goofy.

I have a lot to do today. Leaving town for a month takes some preparation. Yesterday I was de-cluttering all of TOIAW's favorite cluttering spots (read: all flat surfaces in our home). I laughed just thinking about what it will look like when I get home. There will, of course, be various piles of clutter in all the usual spots. The peculiar part is that every pile and object will be positioned at right angles in relation to the other piles/objects. Yes, I live with Rain Man.

Next time I blog it will be from a place where the wind comes sweeping down the plains, where the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain, and where, at night, my honey lamb (TOIAW is coming in a few weeks) and I can sit alone and talk and watch a hawk making lazy circles in the sky.

2 comments:

The Gutsy Mom said...

Awww. Safe journey! (And LOL re: Rain Man.)

Happy Homemaker said...

I love that movie, too!