Sunday, November 11, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

Actually, I had an AMAZING time last week. I want to blog about it but it's still so raw and fresh and personal that I'm going to wait another day or so. Suffice it to say, however, that it was a terrific week where I had the chance to meet new friends (woo-hoo!), spend time with older friends, and relax. I also feel like I had a chance to see God in new ways, learn more about Him, have an incredible time worshiping Him, and be still enough to have Him tell me a thing or two. That's how much He loves me. And that's how much He love you, too! Okay, I'll follow up on this later...

So, I got home Thursday to find every dish TOIAW used in 3 days sitting on the kitchen counter. Laundry he can do. Dishes? Not so much. I decided there was no point in getting upset about it because then I would just have to do dishes while upset as there was really no question as to was going to clean those dishes (the dishwasher, duh). I have so many friends who would love to have their husbands home to dirty dishes that I'm not going to say a thing. It's all about perspective, isn't it?

I did have to leave the conference a day early due to a doctor's appointment. It seems my follicles do not want to grow as well as they did with the last cycle so I've been continuing the shots. I don't mind the shots, but it concerns me that the medication doesn't seem to be working as well as it did last time even though the dosage was already adjusted. We go back tomorrow to see what the status is. It goes without saying that I really want this to work, but God know what I need and there is a definite peace in that.

In other news, we had our first real snow of the year! The accumulation has been spotty, but I would say we've had 1/2"-1". I bundled up yesterday to take PP for a walk but it was so cold and windy that I didn't last long. She, however, LOVES the snow and it's so fun to watch her run wide open with her mouth open trying to "catch" the snow. She also sniffs it which results in a series of snorts that I also find amusing. She is a very entertaining creature! It is currently raining so I think all the snow will be gone shortly. The forecast calls for more later this week so we'll see. If I had my choice, I would walk in snow as opposed to rain any day but today it looks as if I will walk in rain. I know Herodotus wasn't talking about me when he extolled the virtues of his couriers yet I still feel the same holds true my dog walking duties.

No comments: