Saturday, October 13, 2007

He's Still Working On Me

Did you ever sing that song when you were little? "He's still working on me, to make be what I ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the Earth, and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be...He's still working on me." Praise God!!!

I have no doubt it was easier for God to make the entire known (and unknown) universe than it was for Him to make me. Maybe not so much the making me part, more the working on me part. I can just see Him, "Yeah, that Jupiter was a snap compared to Rachel..."

I woke-up this morning feeling refreshed. I just knew God had something He wanted to say to me. I'm currently doing Beth Moore's study Living Beyond Yourself but before I reached for that, I turned on the computer. In true procrastinator's fashion, I thought I would surf the web a bit. I somehow stumbled on this little gem. WOW! I have only listened to these short spots one other time. It was in May and I was going through what I thought was my third miscarriage although it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. The website doesn't seem to have archives beyond September, but let me just tell you I feel to my knees weeping when I listened to that short segment. It was about trusting God. ALL. THE. TIME. Like what I heard today, it wasn't even the first clip on the chronological list, just one I randomly clicked.

So let's just say I won't be talking to LBHN unless my heart is in the right place. It also occurred to me that this is just a misunderstanding. It's very possible they have had a bad experience with a German Shepherd in the past or are just afraid of them on general principle. I fancy myself a responsible pet owner and I deeply regret any angst my dog might have caused them. I believe there are no bad pets, just bad pet owners.

I know that God's judgement is based on TRUTH (Romans 2:2) and, like everything else, His way is infinitely better than Rachel's way. This is amazingly liberating!

No comments: