Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dr. Funk

Dr. Wolfgang Funk to be more precise. Yes, he is a real person. He's my anesthesiologist. Yes, I have an anesthesiologist because, that's right kids, the hits just keep on coming this week!

Well it's not really that bad. I had a fertility doctor appointment today only to discover that one of the cysts is still sticking around. Auf wiedersehen, cyst, it's time for you to go. The eviction will take place Friday morning. We were having a tough time trying to decide what to do this weekend, so there you go!

While waiting to see the doctor I read this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." This is SO true (well, except for Britney Spears). I cannot tell you how much I appreciated the sweet comments on my last post. My grandmother's surgery is today at 1:30pm CST. It is expected to last 3-4 hours and I will post an update once I know something. But as I was saying, your comments were very kind. Sometimes it's just good to know that you're understood. Not everything in life can be "fixed" but when we know that someone else has felt or does feel the way we do, it is a tremendous comfort. This is why, according to one of my dearest friends and maid of honor, support groups are so helpful and therapeutic (she's a therapist so she know what she's talking about). Thank you again for your kind words and prayers!

By the way, I did meet Dr. Funk and I was really impressed. He was very thorough and kind. I had to make up some questions because I got the impression he really wanted me to ask him something. I feel very confident in his anesthesiological acumen. Also, I figure if your name is Wolfgang Funk, God is going to give you some natural abilities to compensate for that.

No comments: