Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Trillion Words

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I figure I have ordered about a trillion words worth of pictures. My friend, MM, got me into scrapbooking, thankyouverymuch. It's something I've always thought was a good idea--in theory. You know, having perfectly organized albums with warm and witty journaling so that's it's not just a picture, it's a story. I'm a creative person but I just never thought I could do it and I have to admit the elaborate layouts you see in magazines make it seem a bit overwhelming. Enter this book. I would say the way I scrapbook, but before I read it I didn't scrapbook. It would be more appropriate to say it gave me a scrapbooking plan. Plans are a good thing for me; I *always* like to have a plan.

I've ordered so many pictures in the past two days that I've had to purchase multiple pre-paid packages with Snapfish. We were the people who took dozens and dozens of pictures but never actually had them printed. See, scrapbooking is changing the way we do things!

Now I just need to show TOIAW some, ahem, results because he's getting a bid tired of seeing me spend money and not seeing any finished products. Doesn't he know these things take time?

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

I know, that book changed my life, too. It puts the addiction in such a refreshing light. Things seem so achievable. Now, having just placed a humongous CTMH order, I too need to get down to creating some results. We should set some scrapping dates for October to get some pages done... Love ya, girl.