Thursday, September 13, 2007

La Sha'nah Tovah!

Happy New Year!!! Okay, you're right, it's not January 1st, but it IS the Jewish new year. TOIAW is Jewish and I lived in Israel for 3 years so I can say all the important things like counting to ten, hello and goodbye (same word, actually), ask for a check while dining out, and happy new year -- you know, the basics.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the crispness of the air. I love the vivid colors of the leaves. I love watching football. I love that the holidays are just around the corner. I just LOVE everything about fall!

Most school years being anew in the fall which is because it was designed around the harvest schedule. To some extent, the Jewish calendar also follows a Northern hemisphere agricultural season, so there you go. In my mind, fall will always mean new beginnings. Even if you don't see it as a new year, it is a new season and a perfect time to reflect, renew, and recharge. La Sha'nah Tovah, to you!

No comments: